The BC Association of Travel Writers is a non-profit association duly constituted under the British Columbia Societies Act.
The purpose of the society is:
To promote, encourage and support the craft and business of travel communicators in British Columbia, by:
- presenting a platform for our members to network in the common cause of promoting the profession;
- maintaining a policy of ethics, honesty and excellence of work in dealing with the media and the industry;
- upholding the principle of producing proper material for clients in return for complimentary courtesies and press trips offered by the industry;
- disseminating information and potential markets with the membership; and
- providing educational and experiential opportunities to help members improve the professional skills and contacts needed to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace.