10-steps from beer to blog by a blogger and beer taster
1. A barley grain of an idea.
The yeast, the hops, the distilled water.
2. Steep it
Design blog well.
3. Crush husks/find kernels/get to the grist (verb is grind)
Keep a clean, minimalist style.
4. Maintain a specific temperature to metabolize yeast to wort (grain sugars strained from mash tun) to make brew wort and fermented wort:
Maintain your theme. Grow your idea.
5. Settle and cycle wort, spray and turn up the heat
Use social media to get your wort/words out there.
Keep refining your product. Know your host. Keep up with trends like ‘Periscope’!
Stay true to your multi-faceted platform. Your brand.
Let Google tools help you…its analytics, trends, and keyword finders for SEO. Join groups. Go to meetups. Try a citrusy Mosaic Lager or a Great Cherry Farini Ale!
9. Sterilize and whorl to settle
Make blog shine and use photos that tell an unspoken/unwritten story.
10. Cool quickly to avoid bacterial build up
Keyword tag it. Publish!
Big Rock Urban Brewery Blogging Meetup
Here’s the presentation Mari created for this Meetup.