Vancouver-based Julie H. Ferguson is an addicted travel writer who is intensely interested in the history and culture of foreign lands, as well as Canada, and her travel stories and images reflect this focus. Julie never leaves home without her cameras and voice-recorder, always looking for the colour and sounds that captivate readers everywhere. Some of her recent destinations include Iceland, the Scottish Hebrides, Ontario, South Africa, and toujours France.
A non-fiction writer for 45 years and an avid photographer, Julie is also the author of twenty-four books, including four on Canadian history and eleven photo portfolios. Her travel articles and images have appeared in print and online, including Travel with a Challenge, Senior Living, Europe Up Close, and other global markets. Julie is also a professional speaker who delivers keynotes and workshops that assist writers of all kinds to succeed in publishing their work.
Julie is a proud member of The BC Association of Travel Writers, the Travel Media Association of Canada, the International Travel Writers Alliance, and the Federation of BC Writers; and formerly of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and Photoclub Vancouver.
Some recent travel articles:
- The Splendour of Southern Iceland, online in Europe up Close, April 2015
- Small-ship Cruising in the Scottish Hebrides, online in Europe up Close, January 2015
- Prehistoric Hot Springs in Southern France? Mais Oui!, Travel Writers’ Tales, an independent travel writers’ syndicate, August 2012
- River Cruising Canadian Style: The Rideau Canal, print and online in Senior Living, October 2014
- Sensational Safaris on a Shoestring, Travel Writers’ Tales, an independent travel writers’ syndicate, July 2012
- Following the Painters of Light: The Provence of Cézanne and Picasso, Travel with a Challenge, March-April 2012
For more travel articles by Julie, please visit http://www.beaconlit.com/#!travelarticles/c1dze
Areas of travel interest:
- Translating the history of peoples and places into today’s reality
- Post-retirement travel with soft adventure
- The faces of different faiths around the world
- Food and wine from the perspective of a curious traveler, not an expert.
Julie’s online presence includes:
- Her travelog: http://stampsinmypassport.blogspot.com
- Her photo portfolio: http://julie-ferguson.artistwebsites.com/
- Facebook biz page: www.facebook.com/BeaconLiteraryServices
- Beacon Blog for Writers: http://beaconlit.blogspot.com
- Her website: www.beaconlit.com
- LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/juliehferguson
- Twitter: @BLSJHFerguson