BCATW offers five categories to become a BCATW member: Media, Associate Media, Blogger, Associate Blogger and Industry.
Overriding principle regarding content: All content must be directed at increasing a traveller’s interest and/or providing useful information about a particular destination.
The BCATW’s goal is to promote and support all those who would like to grow their career in travel media. We therefore encourage anyone who may not fall within these criteria to still approach the association and they will be considered on a case-by-case basi
Annual fees are $72, due every January 1st, and are pro-rated. (Industry excluded, see Become an Industry Member).
That is, if you join later in the year, you pay only $6 per month to cover the remaining months in the current year. Full annual fees are then due on the coming January 1st.
How to apply for Media Memberships
1) Read the membership criteria below and decide on the category for which you are qualified.
2) Fill out and submit the appropriate application.
3) Upon receipt of approval from the membership committee, the treasurer will notify you regarding the dues payable at the email address you provide.
4) Once the dues are paid, you will receive a username and password from the webmaster for access to our blogsite and directory, where you may construct your profile page and directory listing.
5) Email a headshot (600 px on the long side minimum) for your press card to the Treasurer.
- 2 paid, published articles within the previous 12 months
- Proof of payment and authorship may be required
- Only one of the three may be for a pay-per-click online publication
- Two of the three must have bylines
- Unpublished 500- to 800-word article for evaluation by the BCATW Board. This enters the associate membership into a trial period that lasts one year from the date of joining.
- To remain an associate member, a writer has to show one paid article published in the previous 12-month period.
- at least two travel-related photographs sold within the previous 12-month period
- at least one travel-related photograph sold within the previous 12-month period
Authors and videographers
Full and associate membership will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Blog must be at least two years old
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 UVM (unique visitors per month)
- You must show monetization by:
- affiliates (besides Google or Amazon)
- paid ads
- sponsored posts
The blog supports a travel-related service you provide such as:
- your book sales
- Min 500 UVM per month
Full and associate membership:
- New content must have been posted at least once/month over the previous 12 month period.
- 75% of content must be travel-related
- Maximum 10% of the travel content can be link-based sponsored content
- Maximum 10% of the travel content can be ad-based sponsored posts
- No purchased page clicks, likes, traffic or social media followers in the previous 12 months.
For Media/Associate, Photographer/Videographer, Blogger and Author Members, please complete the following form.
After you submit your form please give us a few days to reply.